Speaking of pet pictures

Joking right lol?

7 Likes

No, Iā€™m serious. If it wasnā€™t for the lizards weā€™d be overrun by scorpions.

6 Likes

Oh not pets and youā€™re not feeding them scorpions. Now I get it lol

7 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy but also very cool!

7 Likes

LOL I live in the desert where scorpions and rattlesnakes are a part of our lives. Any creature who controls those pests is a good friend of mine. Unfortunately, we also have roadrunners who come along and eats the lizards, so itā€™s that whole circle of life thing going on in my backyard .
(and then thereā€™s Wiley Coyote chasing the roadrunners, but thatā€™s a whole 'nother story)

8 Likes

my cat, Momo, just fell asleep on my leg like this one day
mew

17 Likes

So rescue number 12 landed at our place today.
Tango, a 7 year old Clydesdale/paint cross has had a bloody hard beginning to his life including being bound around his legs in some weird ass training method! Heā€™s safe now after facing being put down.
Heā€™s a little shy,allegedly prone to kicking out ( who can blame him) but seems chilled enough when I was in the yard with him tonight sneaking him liquorice.
So ladies and gentlemen I give you Tango

23 Likes

Youā€™re doing great work by rescuing these horses.

7 Likes

Way to go, @Mac - makes you a hero in book any time of the day!!

9 Likes

Good for you, @Mac . . . :+1: . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

Thank you @howard @joergkutter and @Jazzbass19 but itā€™s really them thatā€™s rescuing my state of mind. I find their company so much easier to bear than peoples and in all fairness my wife is the horsewoman. I just talk to them .
I lost my bottle for riding , driving and motorcycling to a great degree after my ā€œaccident ā€œ 18 months ago. Hopefully it will return but at the moment their company is pretty good compensation

10 Likes

I can imagineā€¦ no bitching, no moaning, no talking backā€¦ :wink::horse:

4 Likes

@Mac I award you the Good Horsekeeping Seal of Approval!

6 Likes

Nice work @Mac & JošŸ˜Ž
You just need to get to the bigger property, like I said in an earlier conversation, bigger property more poniesā€‹:sunglasses::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Some do! But unlike humans, itā€™s endearing!

My grandfather used to tell me ā€œhorses are the most beautiful being of creationā€. Iā€™m not religious at all, but I tend to agree with grandpa!

As a former horse rider and someone that was involved with horses until some years ago, Iā€™m especially touched by this. Thank you @Mac! You reminded me how much I miss being around horses. Just seeing that picture I can smell it.

7 Likes

Freddie likes to bathe while I practice!

16 Likes

Awesome horse there @Mac.

I love horses. Itā€™s been many many many years, but from around age 8 thru 12 or so.
I had a neighbor who had a horse stabled in El Toro, n So Californiaā€¦
A group of neighbor kids, about 4-7 weekly would get driven
Out in the middle of nowhere, it seemed like we drove for hours to get there. To where they boarded the horse, It was a scarcely populated area at the time, and we would pass what was a true biker bar back then, ā€œcooks Cornerā€ and keep going n small windy mountain roads, and finally reach the stables out across from the entrance of Oā€™Neil state park.

Truth be told, stable is still there, and t is still fairly the same right at the stable, but El Toro and south Orange County are built up much more down there, and while you can still drive the same way, you can still take the same El Toro-road from the 5 Fwy, and when you get about 3-5 miles from live oak canyon drive, it starts to look and feel like it did 40 years ago.

Granted there is population closer to El Toro and Live Oak Canyon which creates ā€œCooks Cornerā€ and the bar and restaurant is still there, and is remembered for what it was, but is much more ā€œopen and invitingā€ to anybody, in fact itā€™s kind of trendy.

And if you continue south on the 5 instead of getting ohh at ElToro, and drive out to my cousins house in Rancho Santa Margarita, and pass her complex and drive a mile up the road, and drive down a small hill and turn left on Live Oak Canyon road, you drive about 1 mile into tge hills, and 40 yards in the past, and the stable is still standing.

Truth be told, it is no more then 30 miles direct line from my house, and prob 40 to 45 miles, depending on route. It felt about 200 miles each way as kids.

Anyway, after the first few times, the owner and his lady, who lived onsite, Andre raised all sorts of farm animal, and owned a bunch of riding horses, and pony rides, and boarded for rent, etcā€¦
They had us come back every weekend and work at the stable.
We would eventually lead the guided tours, sometimes alone, sometimes a few of us, depending on how big a group and how many people we needed to watch.
We got not all sorts of trouble, hay stacks, mt. Manure, shoveled all the shit in the stalls, and open stables to create mt. Manureā€¦ pigs, chicken, goats, mule, donkey, cows, ducks, everything you could want.

That was an awesome time. I could totally live that life.
I thought I would get there one day, and I would never leave.

And it was my vision of the future

And then I got a Surfboard
And the farm was back there, and I lived at the beach.
End of story.
Well
Trips became few and far between til they faded out completely.

Memories thatā€™s what your picture of this new rescue gives me, fond memories.

Mac,
I would come work the land for you, for room n board, if I was in Australia.
And if I were 20 years younger
And if my knees were fixed.
And they are getting fixed in a few months
And I still have a surfboard
And I live at the beach.
ā€¦

and after going out a few weekends to go hour long guided horse rides, w

6 Likes

Well, I will come clean before someone calls me out.

I lied.
I am so full of shit, and you all know it, and there is no hiding it.
I am so ashamed to say this, but it will be to none of your surprise to read this sad confession.

I donā€™t have a surfboard.

5 Likes

I have 4

7 Likes

Found a company to Photoshop our dogs head onto a period oil painting for my wifeā€™s birthday. She thinks itā€™s creepy, I laugh every time I walk past it!

14 Likes