Speaking of pet pictures

Sorry for your loss, Barney.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this @Barney .
They leave such a hole when they pass :disappointed:

5 Likes

So sorry, @Barney. There are no words that mean anything right now. Fill your heart with her. She is with you forever.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear!

Our dog is much smaller, but I bet the hole will be husky-sized nonetheless when the day comes. They mean so much and their love is unconditional (little treats notwithstanding).

5 Likes

Oh no! See o sorry to hear this @Barney

5 Likes

I’m so sorry bud. Sending all the loves, hugs, good vibes, and pizza slices.

6 Likes

Aw man, Barney. I’m real sorry for your loss. Their lives are too short.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry @Barney

6 Likes

So sorry for your loss.
Beautiful pictures of you two sharing the joy of playing in the snow together. Her love will always be with you.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about this @Barney, I know you loved that dog

6 Likes

As you guys know, I lost two of my beautiful girls within the last two months. Lila and BabyGirl. It killed my heart. I know they can never be replaced but I did allow myself to open my heart up to this big boy. His name is Champ. He is an 11 year old Great Pyrenees whose owner since he was a puppy passed three months ago. He has been staying with one of the owners kids but she could not take care of such a massive dog because she has a toddler and a newborn and two other dogs. He weighs over 100lbs and is a big baby. Very vocal, shedding machine of the likes I have never seen, gentle as a lamb, and in good health for his age. The life expectancy for one of these is 11-12 years but he is really doing well. I hope to have him for quite a while and have already fallen in love with him. My other two girls did not know what to make of such a big beast when he first got home. My mountain feist, Bella, stays clear of him most of the time. But my little bitty dachshund has fallen in love and follows him around everywhere and will curl up with him on his bed. Enough of the small talk, here is Champ!

15 Likes

He’s beautiful, Eddie. So happy for you and your pack.

4 Likes

He is just a big, smart as hell, baby! He already figured out where I keep their treats, already let us know that during the day, we need to bring his bed into the room we are in so he can lay down in the same room with us. He is protective of us and my other two little girls. And will try to talk you into giving up your food as we are eating. Hearing him talk is funny. Just a lot of sighs, and harrumphing.

4 Likes

There are good reasons shepherds embed Great Pyrenees baby puppies with their herds, for the ewes to raise as their own.

The shepherds do not feed or interact with the dogs at all. In turn, the dogs grow up to fiercely and effectively defend the herd against hungry wolves.

They are great dogs. Congrats, man.

4 Likes

One downside…he sheds pounds of hair daily. But, his fur is self cleaning and other than a brush from time to time, fairly low maintenance.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s what they do.

IMG_1686

5 Likes

Good on ya @EddieJones for taking on a senior. What a legend

5 Likes

Hopefully I have a while with him. First few days were scary for him. He got taken out of the only home and away from the only people he ever knew. He whined, walked around all night. He eventually settled down and figured out he was home.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Barney ,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Not really a pet but this guy was in the bathroom last night

Just to give a size guide, the distance between the nail heads in the wall is 6 inches

11 Likes