Speaking of pet pictures

Is that real, Mac??? :astonished: :exploding_head:

Whew, critters down underā€¦ whole different level :wink:

4 Likes

It certainly is @joergkutter .
Iā€™m usually pretty quick at getting them caught up in a container and thrown out of the door but I chased this guy out of the window with a broom :scream:

4 Likes

Huntsman?

Reminds me of Clock Spider :rofl:

5 Likes

Ive been watching a few videos from somewhere in Asia about cooking them and eating them. Iā€™m not ready to try it, but that guy looks cookable!

4 Likes

no

4 Likes

Definitely no @Tommydogg although everyone in a big family would at least get a leg

4 Likes

6 Likes
3 Likes

I donā€™t mind spiders ( not quite so keen when theyā€™re that big) and here they do a lot of good eating other bugs so I rarely kill them.

5 Likes

They get maybe a quarter that big here at the most and even that is way way too big.

3 Likes

Everything down here is big mate @howard :joy:
We have big pythons on property (6-8ft) and large goannas as well as a few poisonous snakes. You sort of get used to it.
On a side note, all snakes are protected here!

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind spiders just not the ones that could eat my cat :joy:

5 Likes

Spiders are cool. Theyā€™ve been around for over 380 million years. Theyā€™ve outlived lots of other creatures.

For reference humans have been around for only a few million (around 6) but modern humans are super late to the party with only a few hundred thousand years under their belt.

Spiders are an essential part of the ecosystem. They also kill mosquitoes, so I think of them as friends!

6 Likes

Then there is that spider named Peter that fights crime!

4 Likes

If only @Mac could teach his spider that with great spider size comes great spider responsibility.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

That ainā€™t no spider, man!

4 Likes

I agree! When I see spiders in and around my house, I just leave them be. The dangerous ones like black widow, I steer clear of and just let them do their thing. Same with the lizards in my backyard. Iā€™d rather have them than scorpions any day.

5 Likes

Fortunately Black Widows and people donā€™t occupy the same zone. I lived in South Carolina for 20 years, and I bet I could find a black widow in every house - in the penetration pipes and electrical conduits in the crawlspace. They rarely make an appearance. They like dark places.

4 Likes

I have them in my workshop. They donā€™t bother me and vice versa.

4 Likes