Speaking of pet pictures

It actually works both ways.
When I went to the animal shelter, a slender black cat, which you’ve seen in at least one picture already, did something the shelter people said she never did to anyone: she walked straight up to me, tail and head raised. So I guess we adopted each other.

Put away that camera and play with me.

Noortje adopted me. When I didn’t know she’d live with us yet, she clawed her 6 weeks old little self onto my lap, crept up to my neck, and fell asleep.
Fast forward a couple weeks, we took her home.

You will not be using this computer today.

14 Likes

I’ll probably be a little less active the next few days as one of my cats died unexpectedly.

She made weird choking sounds and stopped breathing.
We didn’t manage to clear her throat or get her to breathe again.
Any vet even for emergencies would have arrived to late as she stopped breathing pretty fast.

I’m devastated. I didn’t expect this loss to come that early. She was barely 2 years old. That’s no age for a cat.

I thought the last few days went too good to be true but I rather have misfortune on myself than on my loved ones.

Well I’ll take the next few days off from work and will spend the rest of the day crying with and consoling my girlfriend.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss @juli0r . It’s a shock at any age but to loose her at such a young age is terrible. Try to remember the joy and happiness she brought you and the love she gave you .

4 Likes

I cuddled with her this morning.
She was alive and well. I just… I can’t…

It sucks.

4 Likes

Man,I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry bro,I truly feel your pain.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this news about your cat @juli0r. I know how sad you must feel. You are in my thoughts.

3 Likes

Thanks to both of you.

3 Likes

Um… fornicate.

I never lost an ani-- wait, yes, I did lose an animal friend unexpectedly.

That sucks. I think I can imagine how you feel.
Very, very sorry to hear this.

5 Likes

Thinking of you and your girlfriend during this time of loss.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone.

My girlfriend returned from the vet. It was very likely sudden heart failure due to a genetical defect that would have been hard to detect. It’s still a great loss but it’s a bit of a relief to know that we could not have prevented it.

7 Likes

Mate, that’s terrible news.
We have 3 cats and love em dearly.
So I feel your loss.

5 Likes

Julian I’m so sorry to hear that. Cyber :hugs: hugs to you and your partner.
Jamie

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this. I lost a young cat once. Never easy to lose a pet, but so much harder knowing it wasn’t yet their time. Pick up your bass and get your fingers moving a bit if you can… best way to clear your mind for a few minutes.

5 Likes

Hey @juli0r,
So sorry to hear of your loss.:frowning:
Thinking of you mate.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. :sob:

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Losing pets is awful.

5 Likes

Really sorry to hear the news @juli0r.
I have lost pet dogs before, so know how you feel.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
We’ll go to my girlfriends parents now to bury her.

Oh by the way I think I never mentioned which cat. Not that it makes a big difference to you guys but Luna, the 3 colored persian cat, died. Flocke, the white one in my profile pic, is still alive and well. I’m just not sure that Flocke realized that Luna is gone… She demands more attention now and cuddles more. So I guess she noticed…

11 Likes

This is Gracie also known as Gracie Girl.

15 Likes

That, or/and she picked up on the fact you’re sad and distraught, and wants to fix that with cuddles.

Contrary to popular belief, cats are quite empathic.

5 Likes