Tell us your funniest misheard lyric

When I was in the Marines I was in Okinawa and a local Japanese band used to play at our “E-club”. Every time they came they would sing Jefferson Starships song “we built this city…”, but would pronounce it “we built this shitty…”. We would all crack up and they didn’t know why. Haha. Good times.

1 Like

Did they order some City Chicken?
City_wok

1 Like

Semper Fi…Marine veteran here. Keep on thumping

1 Like

Semper fi brother.

Everclear–Santa Monica. I heard “I am still living with your goat. Lonely and dreaming of the west coast.”

Correct line “I am still living with your ghost. Lonely and dreaming of the west coast.”

To be fair, I think it’s much funnier if he was in fact living with her goat.

5 Likes

I’ve got two.
The first one is Volbeat singing about sleep paralysis (Room 24). They sing “the smell of rotten breath and blasphemy”, but I hear “the smell of rubber pants and Vaseline”

The next one is a Disturbed song (You’re Mine). He sings “I’ll vanquish any foe, because you’re mine”, but I hear “I’ll make machetes foam, because you’re mine”

3 Likes

I am learning ‘surf song’ at the moment
the chorus goes:

Wish that I was cool
I wish that I was surfin’
Every single day
Cool buds and tasty waves
Wish that I was cool
I wish that I was surfin’

some kook blew it thou and many lyric sites on the internet have the best surf line ‘cool buds and tasty waves’ as…
Every single day
To a bus that takes me away

There are no busses in surfing!!!

3 Likes

Portland band, don’t rule it out.

2 Likes

That’s possibly even more disturbing than the actual lyric :joy:

2 Likes

Judas Priest’s “Beyond the realms of death”

Original line: No sign of life, would flicker on his face.

Misheard line living rent free in my head:
No sign of life, woodpecker on his face.

Just an amazing track in general.

1 Like

I like your line much better.

1 Like

“Time of death, 8:17.”
“Can we try anything else, doctor?”
“No. The woodpecker has come for him.”

1 Like

In the Writing on the Wall by Iron Maiden it sounds like Bruce Dickinson sings “Kangaroos attack the jury,” After hearing them perform it live I understood that was supposed to be “Ignorance our judge and jury.”

2 Likes

I was practicing Right Next Door recently and remembered that I used to think he was saying “She was right next door and I’m such a topless waiter”.

2 Likes