The 10 best bassists in the world (2020)

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I was hoping to see Lee Sklard on the list, and would have been disappointed if he wasn’t.

3 Likes

Interesting collection of people that I wouldn’t have thought would show up together on any list :grinning:

4 Likes

I am sure there are some really amazing bass players that didn’t make the list. More of popularity contest at times. I have been really enjoying Otiel Burbridge lately. He has played for the Allman Brothers, and currently with the Dead And Company. Of course there are many others that I call my favorites but who knows lol

4 Likes

Yeah so to me that list seems primarily notable for its omissions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I seen this list and then trashed it cause none of us was on it…

9 Likes

This…

and This…

I’m still gIad they put this together. I think #3 Michael Manring is really interesting and I had never heard of him. He’s doing some really interesting experimental stuff with bass.

3 Likes

Same here. Quite a lot of people I had expected to be on the list apparently didn’t make it. On the other hand, there’s quite a lot of people on it that I hadn’t heard of before, so it will be fun to check them out!

3 Likes

As long as we’re here, here’s Dagan interviewing Hooky :slight_smile:

It’s actually very interesting whether or not you’re a fan.

5 Likes

Some Bass players I am unfamiliar with, but looking forward to hearing and learning about them :smiley:

2 Likes

I hate to be a naysayer…this list is just horrible. No Victor Wooten, No Marcus Miller, Flea, Les Claypool, Ryan Martine, Steve Harris.

1 Like

It’s totally subjective and meaningless, yeah.

1 Like

Good call Howard, Dagan was great in the interview too. I love Peter on this Gorillaz track, junior Hooky isn’t too bad either!

2 Likes

Yeah Jack has definitely made a name for himself!

2 Likes