The Ugly Duckling/Freak Thread

Well, that’s ONE reason to buy it.

4 Likes

I almost bought a big set of Russian NOS vacuum tubes from a guy in the Ukraine that is still shipping them. My head-canon for that story would be that he was ripping them out of dead Soviet-era tanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ugh. Some parents should never meet.

1 Like

And now, this…

7 Likes

Ooh. I kind of like that for shape. I’d probably pick a different wood grain though. Too bad it’s a 5.

1 Like

Unfinished business ^^ ?
But I kinda like it too.

1 Like

Wow that is ugly. I still want it :unamused:

1 Like

I kind of like that too. Probably not very comfortable though… Nowhere to rest your lower arm on.

1 Like

I wonder how the top of the body broke off

4 Likes

Very likely happened at the same time the headstock snapped off the neck.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call this item ugly…but the cash grab the seller is trying to do here is…

Half tempted to send a message saying “Really?”

If this sells at that price - I have a lightly used, half repainted ergonomic plastic milk crate I’d be willing to part with for $100. :upside_down_face: Makes an excellent practice chair.

4 Likes

I need a practice chair… Do you have any pictures of it?

2 Likes

One of the Ikebe bass outlets just had their 10th anniversary. So they teamed up with Vellmor, a boutique maker here, to make a line of basses shaped like their logo.

Man. So this is a Vellmor, meaning it’s going to be a very high quality handmade boutique bass. It’s only about $800, which is probably due to its looks. I think they only made 12. Hardware is all top notch (Gotoh) and the pickups are Vellmor customs. Full-size pots with treble bleeds. All in all, premium.

Vellmor’s own J-basses run about $3k so this thing is a high quality steal at $800, if you can get past the existential B.

Total weight is 2.98kg :rofl:

Here’s one of their “normal” custom J’s for comparison. This one is about $2500.

edit: looks like there’s already only two left, and they just cut the price in half (!). I think they want to sell them on the anniversary.

3 Likes

Let me paint this thing halfway and then I can take a picture :upside_down_face: :rofl:

1 Like

It has your name written all over it Boward!

3 Likes

Ha ha ha ha no.

3 Likes

Total collector’s item - purely otaku value :wink:

1 Like

If that, yeah

1 Like

To match the bass’s materials.

2 Likes

Yeah they did not destroy the world’s Ash reserves with this one.