The Ugly Duckling/Freak Thread

“Either it was played by ol’ Eddie Scissorhands or the previous owner mixed LSD with an ice pick in an inspired fit of aural hypothesis.” :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks Eric! It’s a bit tinny sounding acoustically due to the small body and oversized sound hole (fine for practicing on the couch while watching a show) but plugged in it’s very bass-y without being muddy. Yamaha did a good job with the preamp and piezo placement (it’s not an under-saddle rod piezo, seems to be several disk piezos attached to the underside of the sound board).

1 Like

Currently tuned G2 C3 E3 A3, so an octave bellow a uke.

2 Likes

That’s how I use mine. Pretty cool it turned out to have such a nice plugged in sound.

2 Likes

@Barney “we didn’t burn him” used to be my screen saver

3 Likes

My wife and I live in a very small town. She always says “I’m going to the local shops, for local people”

5 Likes

riiiggghhht. and running over it with your car improves intonation.

4 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous. Sheesh!

EVERYONE knows that this improves sustain.

5 Likes

Just… no. And I love me a Bongo. I’d even take a little players patina showing. That says “I left and my angry significant other unsupervised or took a hero dose that I have yet to come back from.” I vote the second one based on the pricing.

4 Likes

Yeah that thing screams “I regret taking the second hit”

4 Likes

Hey! My current project Frankenbass of Doom looks like it was run over lightly

3 Likes

I don’t know why “hero dose” makes me laugh, but it does…

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure how many people knew the term but it’s somewhat self explanatory. Hahaha

4 Likes

An actually ugly ducking!

13 Likes

For all you duck fans out there, I think it’s based on the Khaki Campbell Duck breed!

2 Likes

What the actual duck!?

6 Likes

Points, @Mike_NL!

2 Likes

I don’t know, @John_E . I kind of like it. It seems to be well made, but whimsical AF.

I think the everyday needs more whimsy and less seriousness.

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 10.09.28 AM
I wonder how uncomfortable that foot digging into my leg would be after 30 minutes… Snake looks cool though!

7 Likes

I rather have the duck… :wink:

1 Like