Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Got this Pickguard from Greece they are nice. For some reason I thought it was the same as the paranormal Jazz but it’s not, lol.

10 Likes

Any idea where could I find proper anodized gold pickguard?

I think it may look sweet on my buttercream jazz.

5 Likes

Any good @Growl ?

7 Likes

How reliable is Etsy, I never used it?

4 Likes

I’ve used it a couple of times and it’s been really good but that was for jewellery and decals.
My sister-in-law uses it to sell her handmade silver jewellery too

4 Likes

I’ve bought pick guards from South Korea, fabric from Japan etc. it’s like EBay. So far so good

The seller gets a rating from the buyer and you can see pictures from customers. It’s ok.

5 Likes

This is what I use several times they are high quality and smooth edges unlike the cheaper ones, though the gold is I bit more yellow than the original Fender.

This is the cheaper ones. You may need to file the edge.

6 Likes

@Barney @Al1885 Thanks guys, I think I’m leaning more towards one Barney posted, cause it has control plate too.

4 Likes

Just so there’s no confusion @Growl my Jazz bass pick guard made in South Korea is the standard Fender size. The control plate is a black after market one I bought from Guitar fetish. The holes didn’t quite line up on the control plate so I had to plug and redrill the Jazz bass body FYI.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/STORMGUITAR

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Jazz-Bass-Control-Plate-Black_p_430.html

8 Likes

I finally had time to install them today. I was worried I was going to lose some of the vintage tone, but it is still there, along with some added bass and mids not present in the factory pickups. These sound great, and I am glad I went with the SE over the SV. I was worried because Nordstrand describes the SE’s as “rude, rough, and radical” with the SV being a “tamed” version. I wouldn’t describe them as such, but they do deliver great sound and the hum-cancelling will be appreciated.

5 Likes

Today I upgraded the strings on my MDB5 bass, putting on a set of GHS Bass Boomers in Bead - 65-85-105-130. It sounds pretty good. This bass

Also added a “T” to my most played bass to honor Toby

13 Likes

I LOVE those Bass Boomers! I’ll bet that bass sounds great with them.

4 Likes

That’s a nice looking instrument. What is it?

6 Likes

It’s a Sire D5.

6 Likes

It is indeed a Sire D5.

It has been upgraded with a Fender HiMass Bridge with Brass Saddles.

Also it has a Seymour Duncan Stacked pickup, the “Stinger” which Sting and Dusty Hill use.

It’s a nice bass

It does. It has a Steve Harris P pickup and it sounds great. A surprisingly comfortable bass to play and no neck dive to speak of

7 Likes

May or may not have gone a tiny bit overboard on the monitor speakers… :laughing:
Haven’t dared turn them up past like 25% yet… Loud af! :joy:
(not where its staying, need to rearrange the desk a bit n stuff :laughing:)

KRK Rokit RP7 G4’s

(were on a package deal, and they’ll get used, like a lot, so it’s justified for the GAS man :joy:)

9 Likes

I had the RP6’s and I replaced them years ago for a pair of VXT8’s , that’s still what I’m using now even if I had to modify them with an external amplifier. yeah those thing can be pretty loud :smiley:

6 Likes

Rp5’s would’ve probably been more than enough for me :joy: but God do I love these!! :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s not overkill, that’s a nice, reasoned choice :rofl:

Very nice. Good monitors are so important IMO. I’m pretty happy with my JBL 305P’s but a while back I did GAS a bit for some Yamaha HS7’s - until I realized that the 305P’s actually sounded better to me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:joy: they’re so good!
Was originally looking for HS7s, but yeah, I don’t regret choosing these instead at all! Been blasting them all day! :joy:

5 Likes