Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Gorgeous man. The first one looks like an awesome paring knife. The wrap on the second one looks very comfortable. To quote a wise man.

8 Likes

Really fine work, @terb. Just beautiful.

4 Likes

thank you @howard @DaveT @booker_t @Al1885 @MikeC

:smiling_face:

4 Likes

Great looking knives. I love the handle on the first one. That looks super comfortable to hold and its a work of art itself…

6 Likes

Very nice looking knives.

5 Likes

But did you mine your own metal ores and coal?

Seriously, that’s an ambitious undertaking, and the knives look fantastic.

6 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Excellent craftmanship. That wood-handled knife looks flawless. What a cool hobbie.

3 Likes

Construction of the International Bass Station complete. Now I’ve got even more ridiculous power that I don’t really need.

15 Likes

Love the blue Schecter @Jacob

2 Likes

Thanks, @Al1885. Yeah, I love it too. I really like the thin-C neck on it. I love the feel playing it and it sounds great. The EMG pickups have really grown on me; I thought were a little hot when I first got it. It’s the Indonesian-made model and it was B-stock so it has a few bumps and warts but I’m still over the moon. I used a little plumber’s tape on the screw for the strap button because it was loose but the neck is money. My only knock on it is that I’m already wearing through the patina between the pickups on the left side. I wash my hands before I play but I’ve got banana hands so I like anchoring my thumb on the wood and it’s already creating a bit of a groove (I’ve only been playing on it for two/two and a half months).

3 Likes

Adds character

2 Likes

Sweet. I was at band practice tonight with my Rumble 800 combo and got asked by the drummer to turn it down :slight_smile: Waay down!

I can’t imagine how stupidly loud that is with an extension cab. We hit 115 dB at one point, which is loud enough for me.

8 Likes

ok this is some kind of achievement unlocked. Too Loud For Drummer. Bass fights with the kick drum in mixing, maybe that was his thing, he couldn’t hear his glorious kick drum or floor toms.

8 Likes

I’M SORRY WHAT DID YOU SAY?, :rofl:

5 Likes

In fairness I did have it cranked wide open. I mean I was having a good time, which is the important part, right!

We were playing this

7 Likes

Ha ha ha. That’s awesome. The 800 is such a great amp. I’ve only cranked it a few times with the extension cab during the day when folks are out at work but, oh my gaaaawwwd, I thought shingles were going to fly off of the roof. The windows were rattling, the ceiling and ducts were buzzing, and the walls were shaking . . . we were makin’. Ha ha. Thank you, again, for your input on the Rumble 800W thread. You and DaveT and Al1885 and Howard et al were great. I wouldn’t have felt confident enough or known enough to take the leap but for your help. I appreciate you guys schoolin’ us newbies. I’ve learned so much already.

6 Likes

Recently bought my son one of these 800’s as a graduation present. He loves it. He was a little hesitant at first, loves his other amp/cabinet, but went and tried it at the store and he was hooked. I think it’s going to be a great choice for him right now. Easily portable, loud, any sound you want, connects easily to their current mixer set up, did I say easily portable. His current band practices in a basement and he was lugging his big cabinet and amp up and down stairs all the time. Plus he’s moving into a dorm soon and the 800 will be an easier set up there. He’s very happy with it. Also, now that he’s traveling with the 800, the other one stays where it is, no more banged up doors and walls, and I always have a good amp/cabinet to play through…

5 Likes

Great move. A gift for your son becomes a gift for you.

3 Likes

Nice. I’m really happy with mine too. The low/high output toggle switch will be perfect for the dorm. It kicks it down to 25% (100W or a quarter of the 400W; the combo amp is an 800W head with a 400W cabinet) so it’s super versatile. I do less than 25% of the low output for home practice and my fiancee can still do yoga in the other room

3 Likes