Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Yeah Ibanez just does that sort of thing really well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking to replace a few missing nobs, and not finding the right factory ones for my ESP LTD Araya FRZ, I came up with these for a total nob replacement.
I think it fits the bass really good.

All 3

Arial View

All for only $9.99 on Amazon :wink:

13 Likes

Nice, really sets it off @T_dub
Jamie

3 Likes

It works for a Tom Araya / SLAYER Signature bass.

4 Likes

around here most people that buy harleys are stockbrokers

5 Likes

Those are incredible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True fact: Harley Davidson makes more money on T-shirts than motorcycles.

7 Likes

Unbelievably believable.
Is it on Tee-Shirts, or licensing for tee shirts? or trademark licensing in general.
if its only on tee shirts and they still have all the trademark rights coming in they are sitting pretty.

My company did a huge, huge, huge fully automatic machining cell for a head cover devision about 2 years ago. it was a sight to be seen.
We fully engineer the machining cell, then make their parts in full production, they come in and buy off, then we break it down, ship it, go to their plant, set it all back up, train their staff, and done.

This was fully automatic. wheel in a cart of perfect stacked raw head stock castings, and wheel out completed parts at the other side of the cell.
This had parts washers, in process full inspection probes, robotic arms transferring parts from cart to washer, to machine, to washer, to inspection, to next machine…etc… all the way down the line until it was completely machined, inspection report for each part included.

Maybe they will get better results with their bikes if they continue to make manufacturing improvements for more of their cells.

3 Likes

No idea, good question. This was an often quoted fact on motorcycle forums for a long time, I don’t know the details myself.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah, probably true.
Course I have heard lots of things that sound astonishing, and don’t have a way to really look into it, so I just take it at face value.

I have heard things, and I don’t recall the exact value, but like
the first $5000 of a Honda is Health insurance for employees.
again, not sure the exact figure, and no idea if its true or not, but it is somewhat believable, even if it is exaggerated to make a point.
anyway, things to ponder

2 Likes

That one seems unlikely because health care is partially nationalized in Japan and has strict pricing regulations. It is not outrageously expensive here like it is in the US. Nationalized, inexpensive, highly available and high quality.

Of course I have no idea what Honda USA does.

3 Likes

Big plants in Indiana, near Cincinnati Ohio, where our HQ is, and healthcare back in that region is thru the freaking roof. I know cuz even in CA, I carry policy written in Ohio, and it is not good by any means, especially for what I pay, it is over $600 a month, for two people.

3 Likes

And that is what I pay on the policy which is less then half the premium, the company picks up the rest, the total premium is over $1500 a month.
So my company pays over $900 a month for Me, and I count as one employee.

1 Like

I only wish. That was the vision of one of the POTUS, but it was turned around to be a bad thing by the other side and the media and …da da da…
I will shut up now, not good subject

2 Likes

Yeah best to steer clear and just acknowledge that things could have been very, very different :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So,
These got back in stock on Amazon, afire being out of stock for a few weeks. I ordered it last week and it arrived a day early.
I am gonna drop it in sometime this week. I need to take it to a friends house, he has the soldering iron, and has put the exact same pick up in his Ray34.

I am going to record a loop before I go, then come back and record another thru the new pick up.

What my friend said is this pick up is amazing, and gets the Higher quality Sterlings (Ray34) sounding as good as MM.

Those are pretty bold words, but we will see. I am excited.

He also tried the Seymour Duncan pick up first, and didn’t think it was very much of an upgrade, so he got the Agiular and said it is 100% improvement.

I am excited.
If it is GREAT, I will be getting another one for my Ray4
I know its only a Ray4, but its my baby, I play it most because I love it, so why not upgrade the pick up, right?

6 Likes

yeah, sure !

4 Likes

I’m thinking of treating Rosie (Yamaha BB235) to some upgraded pickups. I have 2 questions:
(1) Is this even worth doing or should I just leave her be?
(2) What pickups should I get that will; (a) improve her tone (b) fit in the existing holes without having to drill new ones? They also would have to fit into the cutouts on the pick guard.
Here’s her current configuration…

2 Likes

Well…

After googling around looking for 5 string pickups and not having much luck, I stumbled across this nice review of my BB235. After reading it, I realized I already have a great bass here, why change anything?

9 Likes

@Lanny I have played guitar as a touring musician for years and the one thing I learned was at one point I had about 30,000 dollars wrapped up into gear and a studio, then in 2004 our housed burned to the ground and the years I stored up were all gone. Following that I just kept it simple. I like good equipment but I also know that a great bass is nothing if the bass player is only mediocre. A bass cannot play itself. This is why I bought a cheap squire bass and Fender amp to begin with and learn. I will eventually upgrade to a moderately priced bass.
At one point I had a Gretsch Brian Setzer model guitar I paid about 3000 for it but I could never play it live I was always worried someone would knock it off the stand on stage or something so I sold it and bought a couple of nice guitars as back up.
I guess the moral is your equipment is only as good as the person behind them, price tags do not always mean better lol

8 Likes