Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

This all adds up to a really high quality instrument for under $1k. I’m pretty impressed.

5 Likes

That orange drop doesn’t look stock from Fender unless MIJ is different. What voltage is that? It’s huge!

2 Likes

So this bass was apparently made for Fender by FujiGen. And it kind of shows :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually it says it right on the pill. 600v

Good deal! All upgraded for you!

4 Likes

Yeah, the Model P is exactly what I was looking for in a P pickup. Thanks for the tip, @terb .

Very punchy, strong attack, great tone.

Here’s the same riff dry:

and EQ/amp/cabsim:

Very bad muting, noticed after recording, sorry :slight_smile:

Still a good demo of the differences. That’s a lot of attack for fingerstyle. Very nice.

5 Likes

Sounds good! Very punchy indeed

3 Likes

I almost like the dry one better, has more character.

3 Likes

If I ever get ahold of the flame red straight P Aerodyne, this is the pickup going in it, sounds fantastic.

2 Likes

Still working on EQ and amp settings I like with the P. Currently am probably EQing too much away.

2 Likes

I like the dry. Sounds articulate. .

2 Likes

That’s what I meant to say, but I didn’t know how to spell “articulate” :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I know what that’s like. I know how to spell bananananananana, but I don’t know when to stop.

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

https://youtu.be/AQXVHITd1N4?t=7

6 Likes

I think you’re fever is back…

5 Likes

I had totally forgotten that Dick Cavett was in that flick! Remind me some time to regale you with my story of meeting him at a book-signing event.

Not to mention Sylvia Sidney, between this film and “Mars Attacks!” she had a late-in-life comeback in films.

That is one Tim Burton film that I can watch, and I probably should give him more of a chance with some of his other works (although I recall now that I’ve seen “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” and “Big Eyes,” also both directed by him).

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’m trying to think of a Tim Burton film I didn’t like :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey, different strokes, etc., right? :smile:

5 Likes