Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

I’m still zeroing in on my setup with the Model P’s. Right now I have them at 2.5mm bass side and 2mm treble side and they are sounding pretty good. I had them a bit too high when I recorded the above samples.

Absolutely great pickups. P-basses are perfect for ceramic pickups I think. They really benefit from the clarity in the highs.

5 Likes

I don’t know if I mentioned it before but these Fender rounds really aren’t bad at all.

Not stellar, but not bad. Better than average, remind me of EBMM Slinkys or something.

4 Likes

Thinking of upgrading the pickup and elwctrnics on my ibanez gabx. Trying to find an emg option but will likely need to drill a hole. I like the way it plays but the 3-way tone toggle switch is worthless.

4 Likes

Change the toggle switch for a tone pot.

3 Likes

If I knew how to solder and understood wiring harnesses.

3 Likes

Don’t think so? A EMG MM/TW is only volume and tone. You don’t really need a pull pot with a single pickup, but that is still 2 holes you need for the pots.

I can’t solder either so maybe bring it to a luthier to install it for you. Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

@Paul EMGs are solderless plug n play Their push pull pots are for doing coil splits on compatable humbuckers. You are right that i wouldn’t need to drill a new hole if I just replaced the tone selecter with a tone knob.

Emg dc40 will work i think

4 Likes