Wanna See Something Strange

One of my other musical interests is the harmonica.

I started looking around for a course similar to the Bassbuzz Beginner to Badass oneand hopefully with an instructor with teaching methods similar to @JoshFossgreen

What I did not expect to find was to find a teacher that has the same attitude and temperament to teaching, as Josh does, but a website that is an exact mirror of the Bassbuzz website, only dedicated to harmonica.

The harmonica course price and lesson layout is also identical, even the title of the course, Beginner To Boss is similar. The mailing address for the site is also the same in Hawaii. Even the test with guinea pig Dan is on the site, only with harmonica of course.

Has anybody else seen this?
Just seems kind of strange IMHO.

Here is a link to the site.

8 Likes

It’s a clone of B2B IMO…. So much that they must be affiliated

2 Likes

Um. @JoshFossgreen - have you seen this?

They both even use Dan as a guinea pig :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting!

I’ve already searched Amazon for harmonica straps, but couldn’t find any.

Seriously, this guy seems pretty legit. I’ll share this with my friend who noodles with harmonica.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

16 Likes

If I were to place a bet, that would be it.
The only difference is the face and the color of Blue instead of Orange.
Blue is also probably my second favorite color to Orange, another coincidence. I am not going to be taking up harmonica anytime soon, but I may look up on YT and see if there are some videos worth watching.

2 Likes

This makes me wonder, is there a guitar version? Drums? Voice?
If not, are they in the works?
And if so, will Dan be the human guinea pig for them all?

3 Likes

Who copied who? Hmmmmmmm

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing

1 Like

What is a harmonica strap?

2 Likes

Look at their physically addresses, they are literally the exact same. So they are the same parent company or using the same project company, web developer, or something.

BassBuzz.com, 500 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 7400, Honolulu, HI, 96813 USA

Harmonica.com, 500 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 7400, Honolulu, HI, 96813 USA

5 Likes

Interesting! Web developer seems likely.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s a white label platform. That said Josh’s overall branding is so much better.

3 Likes

Hmm, interesting:

from the BassBuzz privacy link. So, literally the same company.

5 Likes

Even the copy and movies have a similar B2B format… Bit weird, but okay if Josh knows about it?

Tell your friend Veronica
It’s time to celebrate Hanukkah
I hope I get a harmonicah
Oh this lovely, lovely Hanukkah
So drink your gin and tonicah
And smoke your marijuanikah
If you really, really wannakah
Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Hanukkah
Happy Hanukkah

4 Likes

If you guys really want to feel like you are in bizzaro world go to their forum. Same exact format even right down to the little details. Their instructor has a “Your Trusty Harmonica Teacher” tag on his posts. There is even a “lounge” section which is something Josh only included here recently by user request.

Looks like it hasn’t been around long, not too much posting going on over there. I hope they get a good community going like we have here, this is a pretty great environment for learning together.

5 Likes

I was joking

3 Likes

@PamPurrs LOL I am amazed what sometimes needs to be explained…“do you actually put your strings in the dryer Eric?” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They exist, but they are called Neck Holders lol…
guitar_rack_only

5 Likes