What are you struggling with?

I checked with Firefox right now, the iMac 2008 came with OSX 10.5, the newest Firefox that will run on that OS is Firefox 16 (they are currently at 91). Browsing with such an old browser can be quite dangerous.
The most recent OS that is able to be run on that iMac would be 10.11, which is out of support from Apple since July 2018.

For Chrome, they seem to have a minimum requirement of OSX 10.11. So maybe the newest version of Chrome will run if there is the chance that 10.11 is already running on it. But beware, there are no OS security patches anymore from Apple.

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s generally best to just consider machines running OS that old to be completely owned by virii from the moment you start using them online.

I have a friend that ran an experiment trying this with an old, unpatched version of Windows, and it took less than two hours of use before the thing was totally laden with malware.

2 Likes

@Wombat-metal

That’s how I beat Billie Jean

That seems to be a litmus test around here of some sorts.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s the first of many stumbling blocks in B2B, but it’s one that EVERYONE runs into. The rest are more or less individual.

3 Likes

I’m struggling with not buying the yellow PBass with maple neck that’s on the local buy/sell :frowning:

5 Likes

Well there’s an easy fix to this one…

5 Likes

Well, I hope you’re not expecting us to talk you out of it because we’re particularly bad at that.

9 Likes

Yeah, nah, I wouldn’t come here expecting that, and I probably wouldn’t listen anyway :smiley:

3 Likes

Is it I start a gofundme page and you guys/gals buy me a new bass??? :thinking:

3 Likes

GoFundMe is so 2018. You need a Patreon page!

3 Likes

Yeah, the only reason I did that was because the stretch to get my middle finger on the 5th fret and index on 4th is comfortable. Truth be told, I do move my hand with the fingers, but only after the E has played its full duration, so I dont cut it short.

Thanks for the tips, appreciated as always.

Thanks, yeah, I know, but good to hear it from time to time

4 Likes

So, a few struggles i have;

Quick left hand shifting, like where each note is on a different string and fret during 8ths or 16ths. I know this is one of those things that i will get better with over time but any tips are always appreciated.

I always feel like i get my E string clacking against the pickup when im plucking. I do pluck a little harder than most but i am trying to get more of a rock sound than a smooth jazz sound out of my bass. Sort of a Bryan Beller technique if you will.

and last thing, i am always lose which string im on when i use a pick. Again, i assume its one of those things i will get better with over time but again any tips are helpful.

thanks!

3 Likes

Or an onlyfans, as last resort

4 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

My current struggle is I want to learn more faster and faster, cannot get enough of bass.
I am happy with all my progress but would just love to spend hours a day getting better.
Don’t get me wrong, I love saxophone, but bass has such an funky draw to it, I do love it too.

4 Likes

That reminds me @John_E, have you seen Moon Hooch? I saw them open for They Might Be Giants and was blown away. Two saxes and a drummer playing . . . I don’t even know what the hell it is, punky jazz sax polyrhythms? It’s amazing from this non-sax player’s perspective.
But clearly they need a bass player :grinning:

2 Likes

@LeftyChad indeed I have!
I lean more towards Leo P (who used to be in Moon Hooch and is now collaborating with Michael Wilbur from Moon Hooch in Thundersmack) and his band Too Many Zooz more though.

But any band that can take a bass clarinet and bass saxophone and make electronic music from it is very creative. That and the use of a traffic cone in the bass sax to get even lower than Bb. Good live gig.

3 Likes

For everyone else, I apologize for the tangent. We now return you to your regularly scheduled trials, tribulations and struggles…

2 Likes

Well, i managed to not buy the yellow PBass withthe maple neck… i bought an orange one with a Pau Ferro neck instead :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Pictures, please!

2 Likes