What are you struggling with?

I got it from amazon warehouse deals for a pretty good price, it has a small defect in the paint which I don’t care about; I’m going to play it, not hang it up and stare at it :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Nothing sounds like a Fender P Bass

3 Likes

Now i just have to get a 2nd job so i can save up and buy some Labella 0760M flatwound strings… or possibly i’ll just eat Doritos or rotisserie chicken before playing the roundwounds :wink:

I think i might have to sell something either the Yamaha TRBX174 or my Yamaha AES620 guitar.

3 Likes

I just pulled out the Fender P with 760Ms on it to give it a go on the next cover I am working on. I tell you this new amp and cab is breathing new life into every bass. I loved this bass before but I can hear its own tone so clearly now. I know its nuts, but I feel like with a clean bass you can hear the fretboard, or at least that is what it feels/seems like.

Boy a P bass with those 760Ms has just the best thumpity thump.

3 Likes

I tried the 760ms on a Jazz and it was a bit too much, may try them on a P or PJ

3 Likes

Always the better option.
You know it is a well known fact that Orange basses sound better. So do Orange strings, and Orange pick guards are better with tone woods, and if its an Orange tone wood, then its the best of them all.
And if you want even more, use an Orange amp with an Orange instrument cable.
Just don’t wear orange while playing it, there is too much energy around, thats like not shielding a bass, and you can get lots of hiss and buzz, its a little too much. Best to dress black, or white.
BUT
If you don’t have an Orange bass, and want the added benefit of sounding better, you really need to wear Orange, especially when playing all black or all white basses.

Plus 1 to that.

Nice bass, thats gonna sound AWESOME.

4 Likes

Fender is just so good at color schemes like this.

2 Likes

Why the hell can’t I pluck 16th notes at 100 bpm with alternating fingers if I can pluck 8th notes up to 160 bpm with one finger… So frustrating :angry:

3 Likes

I find myself struggling most with is muting and making my bass playing sounding really clean. I can play some songs decently as far as fretting goes, but it never sounds as crisp or as clean as it should. There will be just a tiny little bit of buzz or sound from a string I just played, especially if it’s an open string. Any good tips?

5 Likes

You’d have to send a short video clip where I can see your fingers move and hear what’s happening.

What it sounds like from just reading this is that you’ve fallen into a trap of false-expectations-of-perfection.
There are so many extraneous sounds that these instruments make - they can be minimized and controlled, but there’s still a lot of stuff happening other than note when we play.

I don’t know what the nature of the problem is - technique or unrealistic expectations - unless I can see and hear what’s going on.

3 Likes

At the moment, Imbeciles at work. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

My struggle has ended…I’m follically challenged and now I am another bald with goatee handsome-ish dad.

…and as for bass struggle…probably hand dexterity after 2 surgeries on the same busted up hand…and tendonitis…

50 yrs old sucks.

3 Likes

My mother always says her 50s were the worst, by your 60s your used to the aches and pains :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Fingers crossed!! Lol
I’ve abused my body for decades…I probably deserve it :rofl:

2 Likes

And by 60 you’ve stopped thinking that you’re still 40 :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s like the official look of our generation :slight_smile:

3 Likes
6 Likes

That was great!

1 Like

I think it was either David Lee Roth or James Hetfield on the Joe Rogan show who said that if you see a guy with a bald head and a goatee, he’s definitely a heavy metal musician.

5 Likes

if you see a guy with a bald head and a goatee, he’s definitely a heavy metal musician.

Or, he’s a traitor to the resistance:

5 Likes