What makes you happy?

Now I know Bass makes us ALL happy, but so do our pets and I don’t know where I would be without my two furballs. Show me what makes you happy.

Stay locked in. :guitar::lock:

8 Likes

My dog, Cooper, and cat, Milo during a trip. Coop is a springer spaniel about 50 pounds. Cat is a big boi.

8 Likes

We already have a thread for that:

4 Likes

Oooo didn’t see that, how about I make it one where people share anything that makes them happy?? Lmao :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

What makes me happy (aside from making and listening to music) is going out and socializing with friends, dancing, dining out, and exchanging smiles with other humans. Happy 2022, may it be better than the insanity of the past two years.
There’s also my dog, Lucy of whom I posted a couple pictures in the Speaking of Pet Pictures thread.

3 Likes

Daughter
Dog
Bass
Sax
Fluevog
Bridgeview Tavern
Candlelight Chicken Wings
Nick Tahou’s Garbage Plates
BassBuzz peeps
Well written TV
Books I don’t fall asleep reading
Concerts (at least I think they do, hard to remember)

6 Likes

Playing music whether it be on guitar or bass.
Flying
Painting a decent pic.
Walks, walks walk in the woods.

The walks in the woods need to be solo though…

-Doc

4 Likes

Oh, and chicken wings.
Hooters Wings
Publix wings
Homemade wings

In that order… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Wow, that really IS a big cat, @Wombat-metal . . . :open_mouth:

1 Like

What are those, John @John_E ? . . . :thinking:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

‘garbage plate’ is a regional delicacy up here in rochester:

@John_E will disagree with me but i prefer the garbage plates from dogtown :+1:

4 Likes

Great idea, @Pass_Da_Akamuli . . . ummm, let’s see . . . :thinking:

What makes me happy is watching Netflix on my recliner on a cold evening while wearing my fuzzy bathrobe, and sipping on a cup of Chicken Gumbo soup.

What makes me happier is to light a few candles while I’m doing that . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Thanks, @mgoldst . . . :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard of those until now!

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

its less of a specific dish and more of a “drunk/hangover food framework”. generally fries or home-fries. macaroni salad, meat sauce, dogs or burger patties, onions, and some condiments. despite how it sounds good ones are actually quite tasty. and of course now you can find “artisanal” plates with fingerling potatoes and duck confit — good for posting on instagram.

3 Likes

Never had a garbage plate from Nick Tahou’s but did get one from Dogtown when I lived up there (2018-2020). It was good! Since I’ll be traveling up there for work on occasion (if Covid ever freakin stops it’s progress), I will try to visit Nick Tahou’s.

2 Likes

Please refrain from calling any imposter plate a garbage plate. :shushing_face:

There is only one. That said I did like Mark’s on Monroe (is it even there anymore?) as a runner up. I’ve never been a big fan of Dogtown anything.

Haven’t had a plate in about 6 years. Thursday’s the day! Thank you work trips!

2 Likes

You forgot the ‘secret’ ingredient in the meat sauce….lard. In all it’s fatty glory.

1 Like

Pineapple pizza

4 Likes

Man that sounds good right now

1 Like

In no particular order (although the first one is always the first one)

My GF Mary
Our kids
My birds
Our dog
Our swimming pool and spa
Finishing a work project
A really good bike ride
Playing games like World of Warcraft or Dungeons & Dragons
A really fantastic meal.

4 Likes