What’s your favorite bass (if you own more than 1)

Well, this is a funny question because i bought my 4 axes because of tone and/or playability and each one is my favourite when it comes to a song or even just for practise i decide right out of an intention which one to choose
Cort B4plus, Fender Mustang American, Yamaha B735 or Chowney SWB 1

6 Likes

My favorite was my suped up Squier Jazz, and playing it the other day reminded me of why.
But the one I reach for as default is my blue PJ Aerodyne with Fralin pickups and La Bella flats.
Something just feels right about it, even though the neck isn’t super smooth, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of my basses a LOT, but this is my ‘go to’ for all things practice etc more than any other. The Squire Jazz neck is a tad thinner, which is honestly the only thing that puts it just behind this one.

9 Likes

Ha, I really couldn’t say any brand without offending at least one member of our online community :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Not offended :stuck_out_tongue: it just seemed weird to mention the brand XD

I may, however, have noticed it more than others since I have a few of their instruments.

5 Likes

And here I was thinking about how much better “Witch Hunt” would have worked with nice rich humbuckers :slight_smile:

Hmm, was half joking but listening to it just now and the J does sound a bit thin for the song :rofl:

It’s live though so what can you do.

5 Likes

I can’t even… faints

That a Bongo is just…

Insert @Koldunya going “bongobongobongobongobongobongo”

6 Likes
3 Likes

I did say it out loud when I saw it, yes :rofl:

6 Likes

Sad, but as long as I had GAS over my Aerodyne, I don’t reach for it nearly as often. Not sure why; I love it, the neck, the tone, etc. etc.

I’m thinking I reach for my Acoustic Traveler Bass the most because it is near my desk (home office) and I don’t have to plug it in.

When I do want to get “electrified” I tend to reach for my MIA Fender Jazz…then it is a fight for my love between the rest of my gaggle of basses, my MIM Fender Mustang, my MIM Fender Mike Dirnt P-Bass, my MIJ Fender Aerodyne, and my Sterling Ray34, depending on what song I am trying to learn / genre I am wanting to play.

5 Likes

Hmm. I’m reaching for my SBV a lot more than my TRBX.

4 Likes

Mine have actually shifted since I last posted my list…

1. Ibanez Mikro-It’s got a great sound and it’s more portable than my others
  2. Gretsch G2220 Junior Jet. Fun bass and it’s light
  3. Poison Apple J Bass-I built this one myself and the sound is really good
  4. Yamaha BB G4- I got this one from my local guitar shop (Guitar Junkyard) and it’s a good playing bass
  5. Yamaha TRBX174-it’s just a basic bass, but it’s got a tone I like and the color is killer
  6. Turquoise Waters P Bass-The first bass I built but it needs some fretwork done (sharp edges)
  7. Squier Affinity Jaguar-Nice bass but it has some issues I’m not thrilled about
  8. Peavey Milestone IV-The sound is good but I need to fix some cosmetic damage.
  9. Jackson JS2-It’s a good bass but it has some fretboard shortcomings
  10. Steinberger Spirit XT1-I like my headless bass but it’s body is damn heavy and has a tendency not to stay in tune long
  11. Ibanez Gio-This is my project bass Jenny, that I bought for $100 from Guitar Junkyard. Terry told me that the electronics work well but I haven’t had a chance to finish it due to nut and string problems.
    I’m missing one from my list but I can’t figure out which one yet. I know I have 12.
6 Likes

Hmmm, want another one in Red?

4 Likes

Hah, no, one is enough thanks :slight_smile:

Any interest in it yet on Reverb?

3 Likes

I only pit my stuff on teverb about 4-5 days ago. I put s few of tge cheaper ones on there a little longer ago, but the mire expensive baddes Zi am just starting tobget on Reverb.
I initially did not want to sell anything over $600 on reverb cuz of tge new tax laws. But tgey were bot moving on ZoFfer up, do I said F it, ans listed on Reverb…

I have s lot of watchers on the SBV, my Fender Road Worn P, my Pete Wentz Squire Signature, decent views bit not as many watchrrs on my Ray4HH and Ibanez SRX400.

I still have a lot of room to drip them and still come out on top, and even more rom to go if I want to nust break even.

Kind of depends on what happens in Court on Monday?
Of Zi het my bond tevoked, Zmy Zlawyer thinks she can kerp me out the rest of tge week to tie up loose ends, maybe even all of May. If it gets revoked but I get a little time to wrap things up, Zi will be dropping to break even prices immediatly and probably watch everyrginf sell in hours, cuz I got everything so incredibly cheap.

I see tgat Pete Wentz signature Swuire going for $2999 on Ebay.
And another guy on Rbay selling it for like $1400z
Theirs have not sold yet. Lol

I just listed it at $700, ahich in reality is about tops you would get for one.
I can go diwn to $350 plus shipping and still be a little on top after tge teverb fees.

Do yeah. Lol i can deop the SBV to $500 and still come out ahead.

I would have to get about $750 for tge fender to even out, and I will probably drop tge Dano to $900, and still be on top of the world.

I been playing it like I got all the time in tge world, and wait gor tge right buyer. Tgey always show, eventually, but Zi might br out of time So I may ne having a fire sale.
Or a fire and renters insurance. Lol
No, I would never fo that.

5 Likes

We’re supposed to plug them in in order to pick them up? Oops I’ve been doing it wrong.
:wink: :joy:

I now reach exclusively for my beautiful, shiny PRS SE Kestrel I looooooove it so much. It’s heavier than my Ibanez but somehow I don’t even notice.

6 Likes

Turned out to be an excellent choice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Huh?

2 Likes

Currently? 1985 Peavey Patriot with Rotosound Billy Sheehan rounds. The super ferrite pickup is really growly, especially since it’s about an inch or so closer to the bridge than in a traditional P. The strings are heavy gauge, bright but deep. The Patriot neck just makes it soooooooo easy to play.

4 Likes

UPDATE*

Showing the aerodyne some “love” today @John_E :wink:

9 Likes

I really feel like bassists are so much more experimental on their instruments than guitarists :eyes:

as a whole; there are plenty of traditionalists, too. I just feel like I see more experimentation when it comes to instruments, amps, speaker cabs, etc.

3 Likes