What’s your favorite bass (if you own more than 1)

@joergkutter

Not to derail this thread, but yes, agree with you!

Anyway, Jazz basses etc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Reluctantly adding another vote to the Jazz tally. My Fender MiM P was my favorite for a long time but ever since I got my Sire V5 it’s taken the top spot. The roasted maple jazz neck is just a delight to play.

10 Likes

I still love my Cort Action. P/J configuration, jazz style body and neck. Matter of fact, I find I hardly play my Yamaha TRBX304 anymore. It’s not that I hate it. There isn’t anything wrong with it. It’s just that, whenever I pick it up, I find myself playing with the EQ knobs and the five-position so-called “performance EQ” switch, and never really getting a tone that I like. And then I plug in the Cort, and it just sounds… right. I don’t know what it is. I might sell the Yamaha; haven’t really decided yet. But if I had to choose between the two, I wouldn’t have to think about it at all.

3 Likes

When I said my dream bass, that was in fact as Jazz as well. :slight_smile:

If I was to own a P-Bass, it would need a J-bass neck. I do know some of these exist though.

5 Likes

Someone else started a thread with that very topic awhile back, and my answer was that I refuse to live in that world.

7 Likes

My Pete Wentz signature Squire is one of them

5 Likes

You don’t have to live in that world. You just have to pretend that you do so you can answer the question. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Duff McKeegan bass is another, I believe Duff just bought a Jazz neck and put it on his P bass

The one that caught my eye is the Fender active P bass, which has a Jazz neck. I ended up with an Aerodyne, a Jazz body and neck with PJ pickups.

Player Jaguar is another PJ with a Jazz neck, but has a 34" neck unlike a Squier Jag, which is 32". Player Jag also has the same pickup as Player P bass

Boxer is another one with PJ pups on a Jazz body, MIJ like the Aerodyne

Schecter P4, ESP ADP 4 are others

7 Likes

Timothy B Schmitt from the Eagles uses one @JT ,
that is his go to bass,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Its got to be my Black P over all the others, i used to favour the natural P but i just love the neck on the Black P. I wont post a pic of it, you all have seen it in my covers, so you know what it looks and sounds like, its like rocking a baby when its in my arms :sunglasses:
If it were on looks alone then the Burgundy glow Rickenbacker wins hand’s down, now thats what i call art,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Definitely the stingray. Super wide neckthrough. Awesome tone. Lots of attitudes.

15 Likes

That blue is stunning :star_struck:

6 Likes

The fender ultra P has a slimmer neck than standard P’s, but not quite as slim as a pure jazz. Plus the ultra P has a PJ setup. I thought it would cover all bases, but for my style/requirements, it doesn’t quite do it.

4 Likes

It’s funny my American jazz deluxe which is the modern day ultra, I swapped out the neck to p bass neck. Little more room feels great. It seems like ever basses nowadays has 1.5 neck width at the nut, lol.

3 Likes

@Al1885

Heh, I had to get a measuring tape out to check the differences between P, J, UltraP, Ultra J as they’re all bloody different!

4 Likes

I hear you man. I do wish that the ultra precision only have the P pickup not PJ. Of course, with pj you have much wider range of tones but no one who owns an ultra Precision only own one bass. I think they should keep the look original.

4 Likes

Well since I started playing, I bought a Yamaha BB234 Alder Body. I now have acquired 5 other basses and I love them all, however… I always pick up the yammy 1st…

7 Likes

My Fender Duff McKagan PJ / Deluxe P Bass / Deluxe Jazz Bass Special / whatever it’s called. It was a fairly eventful purchase unfortunately, but it has an amazing tone and I love it. The first pluck gave me goose bumps…

18 Likes

Then, what the hell are you selling it for?

;I really want to try that bass sometime. Maybe you can bring it to th lunch we do later this month? I

4 Likes

I’m actually not selling but hoping for a good trade. A Joe Dart signature came closed but he changed his mind. Lol

2 Likes