What’s your favorite bass (if you own more than 1)

Nice. I have wanted a Cirrus since I first started watching Josh play his on videos.
The look of his alone, reminds me of a CARVIN guitar I had custom ordered back in the early 90’s, and I loved that guitar. The X wife sold it when i was not around, but I had not played in years by then.
When I picked up bass 20 years later and saw that Cirrus, I was in love.
I ended up with a LTD B-4E, which has a similar look, and I love it also.

But just the other day, I was looking on EBAy (dangerous place to be), and saw this Cirrus on auction with bid at $370 or something, and 9 hours left, so I placed a bid at $402.50, just in case the person had it go up to $401 or something, which they did, cuz my $402.50 took top bid.
Oh well, I thought, 9 more hours, doubt I will get it.

Well……
10 hours later, I ended up the winner.
But I am pretty stoked on it.
It was sold from a good will in Seattle. Don’t think they knew what they had, and listed it as NOT WORKING / FOR PARTS because it was missing a string, and there was no battery in the box, is my guess.
Even if I need to solder a few wires, or replace a preamp, and or pick ups, for $400 plus shipping, it appears to still be in really good shape.
I will know next Tuesday when it arrives.

16 Likes

Very nice buy!

6 Likes

Now that is a difficult decision, I think there are 3 different categories to grade here:
Feel, Sound, and Looks…

For the feel and handling, I’d have to say my Fender Jazz, Special Edition:

As for sound and tone, I would grab my Epiphone, Jack Casady Signature:

And now for the looks and beauty, I could gaze into the strings of my Ibanez, AFR4WAP all day long, just look at the curves on that body:

But to be fair to everyone, if I was backed into a corner, and as hard as it may be, I would have to vote for the Ibanez, being that it covers my 3 categories and receives the highest score.

13 Likes

My all time favorite is obviously that good’ol Greenie

2004 MIA Fender Precision with ash body and rosewood fingerboard. DiMarzio DP122 pickup, CTS pots, D’Addario nickel rounds. and a unique custom color : Reseda Green over Trans White.

21 Likes

I love the sound of that bass @terb , and really miss your great covers that you’ve done with it.

7 Likes

I have one cover with Greenie on the way … :slight_smile: but yeah I really don’t have much time now. a lot of work + I’ve had an accident (nothing too serious but still a broken bone involved) + I’m moving again in a few weeks, so it’s not easy to find some time to play bass ! but the covers will come back sooner or later !

14 Likes

I can’t wait!!!

Oh and I’m sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you will be okay.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear @terb! Hope you recover soon.

7 Likes

Hope you’re back on your bike soon Laurent @terb ,
stay safe,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Ouch! Sorry to hear that!

Not the SBV? :scream:

It’s ok, Greenie is great :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I still love the SBV ! which sounds great, looks great and is a very high quality instrument. but Greenie fits better my needs and tastes : wider neck, fat and agressive split-coil pickup, and overall a very raw rock’n’roll plank :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah if I were ever to buy a Fender it would definitely be a pure P like Greenie.

6 Likes

RayRayRayRay all the way, but I think it may be replaced by BB 424 I plan to get, those old BB pickups are something special. Theres also cheap Jazz clone behind the scenes but its stashed away and forgotten.

11 Likes

The 424’s were fantastic, and they came in that awesome red too.

3 Likes

Yup thats the one.

Ad pic

6 Likes

Really solid. A lot of people liked the older pickups a lot.

There’s a band here whose bassist rocks a 425X and it sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcXNN73GzTs

5 Likes

I enjoy playing my Sire more than any of the other two. But, finding the right tone is more of an effort than with the Fernandes or the Epi…they are really plug and play but I still reach for the Sire every time.

6 Likes

Get well soon Laurent!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your accident, Laurent @terb . . . :frowning:

Take care of yourself first and good luck in your move!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

thank you all … don’t worry for me, it’s nothing important and I will be good in a few weeks :slight_smile:

9 Likes