What song are you currently/next "working on"?

Oh wow you are a brave man!
Good luck to you on this one.
This is a far away goal for me for sure.
At least I can play the bari sax part, lol.

2 Likes

It’s going to be hard work but I reckon my strumming will be on point by the end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My butterscotch D5 has the perfect tone

https://youtu.be/pJV2pWFyfn4

Timing that third note will take some practice but this may be my first cover

3 Likes

Whole Lotta Love for next weeks Rock Project. Not too challenging but still working on Sweet Child of Mine which is.

5 Likes

My first playthrough of Another Brick in the Wall Pt2. 1st song in the 50 song challenge.
I’m recording my progress so there are mistakes. Also the bass is MUCH too loud on purpose for my edumacation. Watch your volume.

11 Likes

Pretty nice job, some timing blips here and there and note duration blops but overall nice job @groaner !!

Please post this over here…

What I notice is your E string volume is much louder than the others, but the rest, although a bit high in the mix, is quite ok for ‘edumacational purposes’…might want to adjust your pickup down a bit on that side or watch your plucking force.
Your tone is very good for this tune.

3 Likes

Thanks John!
Yes, blips and blops, and the odd blorp will be common for the start, I welcome them with open arms.

I do believe I am plucking it harder, but I’ll check that out just in case.

I’m going to wait until I have a better recording before I enter the realm of the Challenge threads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well done @groaner ! I am a fellow must-dance-when-playing bass student :joy: It won’t be long before you nail this tune 100%. Have fun!

4 Likes

Thanks StartedAt48! I’m looking forward to it!
Me Started At 55 - and lovin’ it!

3 Likes

After doing the octaves lessons, I’m fully into learning MGMT’s Electric Feel.

1 Like

Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. https://youtu.be/Q7SfNFr0UOM Great cover and I dig the song.

4 Likes

Good job @groaner ! Can’t add any more to what @John_E mentioned.
:+1:

3 Likes

It’s hard to see whether you are reading some of it off charts on a screen, but what usually helps me in being able to focus more on timing and phrasing is to learn the entire song by heart :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

1 Like

I did have the music up on a screen but more as a prompt. I did know what to play, but only just…
Thanks!

2 Likes

If you’re not dancing when you play the bass, are you really playing the bass?

6 Likes

TRUE!

1 Like

If I start dancing while I’m playing the bass, it doesn’t take long before I’m no longer playing the bass… My brain can’t handle doing both at the same time :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

A little bit off topic, but I’ve got tons of respect for bands like Rammstein and Babymetal. Big stages, light shows, pyro, moving parts on the stages, choreo - if you stand in the wrong spot in either band at the wrong time you will get toasted. With all these distractions and things to pay attention to they can still perform the music. And dance while doing it. In an arena.

Mad respect to these guys.

4 Likes

I can’t even tap my foot at the same time :joy:

3 Likes