What's everyone's favorite song to play?

No but I just found out, lol. A hardcore version of Vanilla Ice.

Itā€™s not how he sings itā€™s what he sings aboutā€¦

1 Like

Lol I love Tom mcdonald only because he speaks truth.

2 Likes

Funny I donā€™t know the lyrics of half the songs I play. If I listen to the song first and like the song I would remember the lyrics but if I like the bass my brain just shut that part off. I only hear the music and the singing is just my cue for the bass part.

My daughters knows more lyrics to the songs I play than me because they are around when I practice, lol.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I like about RATM.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I like about NWA too :rofl:

And Public Enemy.

With RATM, both the lyrics and also Zach and Morelloā€™s social commentary are pretty spot on too though, yeah.

1 Like

So Could you enlighten us as to precisely where real news is found?

3 Likes

Iā€™m also kind of curious what else would have made Lane Staley ā€œweirdā€. Iā€™m no doctor, but I would assume it was the vast amounts of heroin and speed, which of course eventually killed him.

2 Likes

Donā€™t want to get all political here but certainly not from tv or mainstream media. The real news happen at a much slower pace than the 24 hour feed and they impact you more than the crap they are feeding you, lol.

1 Like

I like to read articles from Google News. Pick a topic, and the site aggregates articles from many, many different sources. Itā€™s interesting to look at the headlines and see the different takes on the same subject. I especially like comparing the information you get from a local news source vs a national station.

3 Likes

yeah me too, I like how you can drill down to lots of different coverage.

2 Likes

Itā€™s also fascinating to see which outlets DONā€™T cover certain stories.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an example of what I see on tv
FDA approved drug that saves 25,000 lives each year.

Hereā€™s the news, it killed 250,000 people while waiting 10 years for approval.

2 Likes

I would agree in a sense. I think constant news feeds are a myth, because the news isnā€™t constant. So that leads to political opinion shows billed as actual news information.
Itā€™s basically an echo chamber for whatever opinion you happen to be hearing-whatever side of the political spectrum you fall on.

As for news, i read about 5 separate news feeds a day. Not because i enjoy reading that much news, but because itā€™s all so badly tilted toward one politicial opinion or another. It seems the only way to actually get all the information and form your own opinion is to do huge time in researching things- because it allows you to see the whole spectrum and determine for yourself what fact is.

I miss Walter cronkite. I really do. Does anyone else remember when they just told us what happened and we didnā€™t hear opinions about it? What ever happened to that?

3 Likes

I was just reading an article where they pointed out that even he had a heavy hand in what stories he reported on. True unbiased coverage is simply not possible.

The best advertisement for why cable news et all is all crap is the HBO show the Newsroom.

@kristine has it right (same way I read product reviews). Take in as much differing reports as you can, toss the outliers, form your own informed opinion, closest you will ever get IMO.

6 Likes

Agreed. Thatā€™s why getting news is such a drag. It takes a lot of legwork to sift through all of it for the actual information.
I was pretty young for Walter cronkite, so maybe my recall is softened by time and fondness (cue sappy 70s movie of the week music here)

But, that being said-i really would like to know where the news that isnā€™t fake is locatedšŸ˜ƒ

2 Likes

I like to watch David Goldstine investigative some are consumer reports but most are not, Iā€™d considered that news, not just what happened today.

Anyways whatā€™s your favorite songs to play, lol. This is a BassBuzz exclusive.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right. I got sidetracked by the whole fake news thing. I didnā€™t sleep much after work, so i picked one my favorites today. Lo-hi by the black keys. Sounds good and super easy to play.

1 Like

This one was one of the hardest we did
since we didnā€™t have the horns

Blues, rock, country and Jazz

3 Likes

Same RATM SPEAKS Truth TOO. BUT THERE ALL PART OF THE BIG STAGE THEY TRY TO HIDE REALITY FROM US WITH.

1 Like