Where should the bassist stand relative to the amp?

spoiler: keep reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless I’m missing something…I’m not very electronically technical

1 Like

Most amps that is likely true. Hers is different. I have no idea why they wired the master before the DI, but they did. They even wired it before the EQ, which makes NO SENSE.

Well scratch that amp off the list. Bummer too as it otherwise looks awesome.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s why I said in most cases. Weird to that it’s in the 500 but not the 800

1 Like

The 500 is 7 years old and discontinued. The 800 is from last year iirc.

2 Likes

Wow! I missed that. Just the head or the combo too?

2 Likes

To get back to the topic for recording optimal levels @PamPurrs . I think you could use a DI box (or a preamp pedal) that connects to your DAI instead. Then you can just use the rumble for your stage volume. That way you don’t have to worry about feedback either since the signal is already processed into your DAI before the amp.

If you want the tone of the rumble preamp then you could use the send/return perhaps and put your DI box in that effect loop or you could mic your cab?

2 Likes

Well the combo series got updated from V2 to V3. You can’t buy the 500 head anymore, only the 800 so in that sense the head got discontinued.

3 Likes

Ahh. It’s been V3 for a while now. Wonder how it is wired.

1 Like

This is a good solution. Also I think you ordered some monitors @PamPurrs? Those can act in place of the amp/cab. Really it’s not a huge deal on the amp, just a weird blip on one very specific use.

2 Likes

Well I bought it used for a killer price, and it works fine. I guess it’s a relic, but then so am I LOL

1 Like

Actually, I think they still are wired the same way as the 500. :thinking:

1 Like

Sounds like it from her description yeah

2 Likes

Oh it’s not even old or outdated, or anything like that. It is working exactly as designed. Just happens that in this one super specific use that design is affecting you a bit!

2 Likes

Actually this design is always bad, not just for Pam’s case. Master before EQ? lol. Plus turning up your monitor would change the volume to the mixer, which would probably get you murdered.

3 Likes

For its design as an xlr into the DAI? Or is it a DAI itself? I wouldn’t run into the issue with any of my amps because I DI bass>pedals>Audiobox. Amps/cabs are pretty much for live performance reasons for me now.

1 Like

I wonder if this explains why I didn’t have this problem with my Rumble 100? I assumed it was only because of the added wattage.

1 Like

It most likely is, unless the 100 had the same design

1 Like

No, I am saying there is no situation in the entire world where you would want the master volume before the DI out on an amp. It’s bad for recording, it’s even worse for use as a live monitor.

2 Likes

Oh it’s a weird design decision for sure, I’m just saying I wouldn’t run into it because in recording I just DI into the DAI.

3 Likes