Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome fellow older dude @rivrpaddler , I think there are a few more of us here as well. I’m curious to hear, how different did the bass seem after that first set up? I just started recently as well; originally with a bent and bruised bass that I just managed to upgrade for something new - and played a properly set up bass for the first time. So I’m curious to hear about your experience.

5 Likes

Welcome @Jack_9211! I’m out in the woods as well, in northern Michigan, though only 40 miles or so from a music store. I’ve been feeling down lately, about arthritis and nerve damage causing pain problems in the fret hand after putting much pressure down for any length of time. It sounds like your joint damage would be a more significant challenge so props to you, having the nerve to go for it. It’s nice for the reminder that I don’t have any business feeling too old at 55 to try this rock’n bass thing again. Really good to have you, and I hope you’ll share more of your experiences here in the B2B forum.

7 Likes

Welcome @Stevo3210! Great to have you here. What a great score on the bass and gear. If it’s your first axe make sure to get it set up at your decent local music store. It could be life changing.
Good luck on the journey m8, hope to see more posts from you in the forum with tales along the way.

4 Likes

Hey there LavaLemming. I have been enjoying my “set up” bass. Strings are easier to fret, she’s clean and sounds good. I got to talk to the guy that did the work. He put new strings on, adjusted the height of the string adjusted the support rod and cleaned the fretboard, frets and nut. He said aside from the strings being a bit too high, there wasn’t much wrong with it.
You’re in MI? My wife and I do a lot of canoeing over your way. We spend time in East Jordan, Gaylord, Glen Arbor and Traverse. The last several years we’ve been exploring the UP in the spring. Good to hear from you. Good luck with your bass playing.

5 Likes

Just turned 60 and after playing bass on and off for 5 years decided to get serious. Bought Beginner to badass and i am loving it. Almost done with coarse and working on being a super badass. Question regarding coarse extras, where can i find the ear training app link, like i said, i am 60 so not as good with websites and computers

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @theresag1111. I’m a one-month noob to both the B2B course and the forum. This topic may get you started on the app you’re looking for:

8 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111

7 Likes

Welcome, @theresag1111. Glad you’re here. This is the perfect place for learning bass. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111 !

7 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111

7 Likes

Great to have you here @theresag1111 !

7 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111 !

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @theresag1111, glad you joined us

8 Likes

Welcome to All new members. I hope you get all you can from the course and/or this forum

10 Likes

I don’t think there is one for the B2B course.
Do a forum search for “ear training”.

One of the best things, I have found for ear training, is playing with others at a jam session.
To begin just play roots and progress from there. It’s not as difficult as some would have you believe but it does take time and practice. Gee where have we heard that before. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
Just my opininion.YMMV

7 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111
Enjoy your journey.

7 Likes

Greetings! I don’t go by name much but feel free to call me Anthony till further notice (lol)
I’m almost 20 and a long time artist and musician who wanted to pick up bass and violin since my youth and within the past month have become the owner of four of them that I play literally nonstop. I don’t think I’ve left the house without at least one of them a single time since I bought my first one and through the 7 day course on YouTube, went from not knowing much of anything to learning Master of Puppets and Limits by Bad Omens in the span of a month on top of teaching myself At Dooms Gate from Doom I/Doom 2016 on my third day of the course.
Can only hope to improve vastly from here :.)

16 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax

7 Likes

Great to have you here @Lieutax

7 Likes