Post your covers! (2023)

@ant terrific job man!
Sounds great, great groove

Here’s some tips on syncing etc
Any questions please ask either of us on this thread:

2 Likes

congrats on this first cover ! you did very well.

4 Likes

Thanks @Growl its not you the entire session was buzzy. It’s not the basses. It’s the cable from the iPad to my amp. I didn’t hear it but once in post it was too late. Lol.

Yeah it’s upside down string like playing left handed, it’s mind bending a bit. This is when instinct can’t take over. Consciously playing is very difficult because you have to take everything into account timing, fingering, muting and orientation. By the time I get to the second cover I was more relax.

Highly recommend anyone to try it.

2 Likes

That’s a great tune @Ant always great to hear a Pink Floyd. You did great and stayed in the pocket the entire time.

2 Likes

Every instrument in this song is straight-up pimpin’ the sound. Excellent song to learn for anyone.

1 Like

Heck I missed this part. So on how I approach syncing is simple.
First start video recording, then audio with some empty space, as many bars as you need.
In that empty space I do one hard pop, and it’s picked up by laptop mic and also through DAI.

So that pop is the point where you line up/sync audio and video, then just do cutting and video editing.

P.S. Don’t forget to remove audio track picked up by mic from video.

2 Likes

nice job! I love Murphy’s YouTube channel.

2 Likes

It’s not so much an issue with my know how, rather I am still using a 2011 MacBook Pro that is so painfully slow, running ableton, iTunes and my internet browser makes the fan run so hard I am afraid something might explode :rofl:

Been eyeing a new MacBook but I’m not sure I want to drop $2k at the moment. I hear really good things about the new MacBook Air and those are a bit more reasonable at $1200

1 Like

Great first cover @Ant ! Keep them coming!
:+1:

1 Like

Try reaper or garage band instead.

1 Like

Here is one from the 50 Song Challenge, linked here.
For so little actual playing, it’s a lot of fun to play!
The goal here was to learn a tune in a day and record it.

https://youtu.be/LsNej7QRazw

12 Likes

That peavey sounds tight and angry. I love it. This by no mean a gimme. Great job @John_E is it active? Of course it is with that many knobs lol.

1 Like

Thanks Al

nope, lol.
Vol/Tone for each pickup, but…
Tone knob work like this - 1-7 is single coil mode and tone control / above 7 puts the pickups in humbucker mode.
One toggle for pickup selection.
One toggle puts the pickups out of phase for the most nasaly sound in the land.

2 Likes

Very nicely done, John. One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs covered beautifully!
:+1:

4 Likes

Great cover @John_E
My missus who is a massive Fleetwood Mac fan thought I had the original playing

4 Likes

Wicked! I love crazy electronics.

2 Likes

Hey welcome to Fleetwood Mac corner, nice to have some more people over here!

The slide from C up to E and then the walk back down is just pure fun isn’t it? The more John McVie stuff I learn the more I appreciate his restraint and impeccable timing.

Speaking of which, that was all spot on the money. I think think the beard trimming has helped tighten things up bass wise :slight_smile:

Great cover :heart:

5 Likes

Oh yeah T40 has craziest electronics, like 4-5 basses in one.

I have read its anchor however, hows yours @John_E ?

Great cover btw.

1 Like

Mick and John McVie are a great match they have their things with beats especially the off beat counts. Kinda like Ringo genius and understated.

1 Like

12 lbs!

1 Like