congrats on your first cover @alexav !

2 Likes

Nice! Love the commentary :smiley:
Congrats on your first cover!

2 Likes

Great first cover @alexav !

1 Like

Missed Testify in the other thread.
It is really fun watching folks progress through the challenge.
This sounds amazing @cheeze_pizza !
Better than amazing actually!

2 Likes

Sounding great to me!
Backing track was really hard to hear btw.

2 Likes

I saw them warm up for Adam Ant many moon ago.
Great job on this one!

2 Likes

Sounds fantastic @BumbleJazz

I think you are too hard on yourself.
Your skill level is way above your perception.

2 Likes

Congrats on your first (and very good) cover @FiftyTzent !
Playing was great.
Bass was high in the mix, but nice tone regardless.

Very well done!

2 Likes

I really like everything about this one!

2 Likes

Fantastic all around @JerryP !
Love it!

1 Like

Thanks John!! :smiley:

It’s hard to believe I’m almost done with this!

1 Like
  1. Congrats on your first cover!
  2. Congrats on being able to talk (and swear) while playing your first cover - multitasking is hard, even harder with a cat!
  3. Pretty sure you know where your mistakes were (“Knowing is half the battle” - G.I. Joe)
  4. Good news is you know what you are doing and when you do it right you do it well. Keep it up, you are well on your way! Once you settled in and focused you were great (although I did like the unfocused parts too)!
  5. I couldn’t play anything a few weeks in, you are doing great!!!
3 Likes

To add on to this, I’ve been at it a few months now and haven’t mustered up the courage to put myself and my colorful language to video yet so awesome job. Keep rocking!

1 Like

Fantastic first entry!

Loved seeing you light up when you were in the pocket. More practice and you’ll have many more awesome moments like that. Keep up the great work!

Your kitty is so adorable as well!

1 Like

Yeah, way to go! Takes a lot of, uhm, balls to do this - very cool! :wink:

There seems to be an issue with your A string… or a dead spot on your neck. The C on the A string is super weak. Maybe something to look into!?! Could be a setup issue, or perhaps that string is dead…

1 Like

Not the cover kind of guy really, but this one is “fun”, and also potentially the most boring cover to watch :rofl:

Billy Cobham - Stratus; with Lee Sklar’s bass line, and it really is an exercise in stamina and finding the pocket. I made it extra hard as I played it on the cheap HB jazz bass - it is really somewhat easier on the Mayones. For the final part, my fingers were quite stiff… :joy:

16 Likes

nice to see a cover from you @joergkutter , this line looks a bit tiring indeed

3 Likes

Thanks John! Yea I find it hit or miss on the sound quality of the backing tracks at the moment. With earbuds in you can’t hear the track good for sure. I’m kind of stuck at the moment with what I have to make my videos with as far as recording.

1 Like

Awesome job @joergkutter! That was a real finger stamina workout!

2 Likes