Short Love

:joy:

3 Likes

From the way a Bongo looks, I thought it already was. :rofl:

1 Like

Nah, way too precise lines. Bongos look like they are more in to… I dont know, some powdery substance.

3 Likes

Yeah, but, just there are tattoos that’ve capped off a drunk night, a Bongo looks like it stumbled into a boutique hair salon said, “Surprise me!” :joy:

3 Likes

Or a toilet seat. Dont make a mistake where you take a crap after you stumble in from capping off a drunk night.

Definately, the ones that make you go up and stay up.

3 Likes

Alright, if yous wiseguys are going to go to the toilet thing then i am morally obligated to remind you that there are a bazillion basses with roughly the same shape :grin:

download

Bongoloids :fist:

7 Likes

:fist:

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’ll make it short.

I have the chance to trade in my 1964-68 Japanese KAY K2-B for a 2017 Fender Player Mustang bass with PJ configuration for a reasonable amount. I loved short scale but not the Kay.

I’d love to hear your experiences or thoughts on that particular Mustang. There may be many choices out there but I only get to trade for that particular bass. And yes, it’s sea foam green. I actually like it.

6 Likes

Beautiful bass but i have no experience with it, hopefully someone chimes in.

3 Likes

I know @TNKA36 has a Mustang ( oh I hope I’m not mistaken) so he may shed some light on this.
And if you really don’t like the Kay and you’re not going to take a big financial hit with the swap, why not

2 Likes

Yes I do have fender mustang 1972, Mac @Mac
Good if your after a smaller bodied bass with the same sounds and bottom end tone as it’s big brother P bass.
I have added a link below using it on a cover I did, and no, it’s not for sale​:joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

Concrete Blonde-Everybody Knows - SD 480p.mov from Brian Little on Vimeo.

3 Likes

Hi @franx ,
See my response and link to a cover I did you the Mustang.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hi @franx , Mac @Mac ,
Added a couple of photos showing the size differences between a strat, a Mustang and a P - bass.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hello,

I am considering buying a short scale bass ( having a long scale one already ) because why not ?

Problem is… i am left handed, meaning my choices in basses just dropped by 90% :smile:

Do you guys/girls have short scaled basses to propose for a left handed bassist ( price range not above 900-1K€ ) ?

Thanks a lot,

4 Likes

I have the Mustang PJ and I really like it. As @TNKA36 said it has a smaller body and a good p bass sound. Being a Fender, it’s also easy to mod. As you can see, I’ve also decorated it a bit.

7 Likes

that’s a really good question, i can’t think of one offhand.

edit: ps, welcome to BB! go to the introduce yourself thread if you haven’t yet.

2 Likes

The inexpensive Ibanez Mikro seems to surprise most folks, comes in lefty black. Others are listed here, with short scale models indicated by this “§” symbol. Schecter, Sire, and Warwick all have relatively large offerings in left hand models.

2 Likes

it does? i did not know that. well that would be my recommendation then, great bass (if you don’t mind the scale that is).

1 Like

Thanks for the answer,

I can’t seem to find a good review for the Schecter banshee serie and i don’t really like the Warwick :frowning_face:

For Sire, there is only the U5 that is still kinda low ranged price/equipement but it still look good ! i wish they made a premium or mid-range version of this one in short scale left handed bass !

1 Like