Show us your Practice Space

looks like terb is being modest, his space is kick ass :+1:

6 Likes

Mine’s shrinking :slight_smile:

That’s more or less most of my space, the rest is desk, computer, monitors, and chair. It’s a mess though so no pic :stuck_out_tongue:

I did improve my storage a bit though:

11 Likes

Too many empty slots on the rack @howard :rofl:

6 Likes

Rack is going too once the compressor sells :slight_smile:

Oh you mean the bass rack. Hmm…

8 Likes

This is my art and music space. And also my husband’s home office! Currently all the plugs nearest our desks are full (we have a lot of European plugs so we are running adapters everywhere, which takes up plug space). So my amp sits on the far wall and I drag it into the middle of the room, and then sit at my desk to do my B2B lessons.
The guitar is my husband’s (and I’m sure he will want you to know he has another one that is currently in the shop getting set up), so we will need to figure out something a bit better when it comes back.

20 Likes

Practice space is also home office, so for the past year spending days and nights in here (less sleeping, eating, wife-ing, kid-ing, and dog-ing.

Its a long skinny room and I am apparently trying to stuff as much as humanly possible into the space.

This end is the business end…saxes to the left (most are silver plated and 80-100 years old so are kept in anti-tarnish bags to get the most out of a polish and keep dust out of joints in keywork, etc). My digital piano is temporarily in our nanny’s room as she wanted to teach herself (which is good because the only space left for it is the ceiling).

This end is the chill out / read / listen to albums / and mini sax/bass repair shop. That’s my daughters acoustic that needed new strings. That bench has come in super handy and saved me loads of money both on bass and sax repair/upgrades/adjustments.
The trumpet is the last one I kept from my trumpet playing days (which ended when I met my now wife who informed me she hated trumpets, thus the saxes).

Although not very acoustically friendly, I decided to decorate the walls with every album that influenced me the most over my life. There is a good story behind every one, at least to me.

31 Likes

Your man cave looks absolutely amazing @John_E,
Can you re model mine for me​:joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

What a fabulous office/practice/hang-out space this is, @John_E! . . . :astonished:

Very cool . . :sunglasses:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Is that Kamasi Washington there on display??

I also like that everyone going in has to pick up a triangle from the hook (and hopefully put it back there on their way out :grin:)

Nice den!

6 Likes

Yes it is, that album(s) is pure magic.

The triangle was a Christmas present to my non-musical wife. Our kids play sax/flute, our nanny plays piano, wife played nothing. She is very bad at the triangle though, she rarely practices!

7 Likes

Perhaps she’d be better at using a cowbell? :grin:

5 Likes

Multi-instrument lady here. And always looking for more.

18 Likes

When does the pink rug get installed?

4 Likes

Maybe when I own a house :stuck_out_tongue: Though husband would probably veto that one real fast haha

5 Likes

Very nice @bofhgirl

5 Likes

And where do you keep your lart? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We have a bat at work called the “Sev Bat”. :laughing:

7 Likes

Nice space! What brand guitars are those? And do you fancy the spark? :smiley:

6 Likes

Both are Daisy Rock, mainly marketed to younger girls. I’m tiny with really small hands, so it was a great fit.

The exact instruments I bought:

And yes, the Spark amp is AWESOME. It has a USB port so you can use it as a DAI if so desired. Has a mobile app you can use over bluetooth to control the ton of built-in effects it has. Highly recommend.

7 Likes

That’s cool! The creative inlays on the fretboard made me curious if they were connected. And I heard a lot of good things about the Spark too. If I didn’t have so many amps already I would have been interested since it can be used for guitar and bass.

5 Likes